Decision by Condition

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
Nadine

Decision by Condition

Post by Nadine » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:18 am

Hello,

i want to make a decision by condition. I have four different types of Entities (A, B, C, D). Entity D should pass through a different way than the other three entities. I've selected 'By Link Weight' whithin the outbound link rule of the node. But now I don't know how I must express the selection weight of the paths. Entity A, B, C should pass through path 1, entity D through path 2. Could you please help me?

Thanks, Nadine

JBeltran

Re: Decision by Condition

Post by JBeltran » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:56 am

easiest way might be giving a different priority to each one of your entities, and create a condition on each link to match that priority

So, on the link, you'll have a Link Weight with an expression like this: ModelEntity.Priority == X, being X the priority given to each different entitiy.
Joaquim BELTRAN PEREZ
j.beltranperez@avantsim.com

Nadine

Post by Nadine » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:28 am

That works! Thank you!! :)

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Post by dsturrock » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:10 am

Two other approaches:

1) Use "Is" keyword to decide by instance name. So if you have placed 4 instances of ModelEntity named PartA, PartB, PartC, and PartD, you can use "Is.PartA" or "!Is.PartA" in a decision or expression.

2) Use Networks. Assign the first three part types to follow NetworkA and the 4th part to follow NetworkB. Then only put the allowed travel links in each network. This way you never enter any specific logic to dictate travel, it just happens as a result of the network constraints.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

Nadine

Post by Nadine » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:40 am

Thank you, I used "is" and i works very well :)