Changing The Workstation

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
esinanaygun

Changing The Workstation

Post by esinanaygun » Mon May 06, 2013 5:00 am

Hi,

I am building a model and I need to use a worker. But here's the hard part starts. First of all I want to add 2 new processes like taking the item on the workstation and taking it down. So that my new workstation must have 5 processes including setup process and teardown times. So that when I choose the secondary resouce as worker I must be able to choose also my new 2 steps that I'm going to add. I looked to the example of adding a new object which has a delay property but still I could'nt find a way to do this.

Thanks

MEagar

Re: Changing The Workstation

Post by MEagar » Mon May 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi,

What I would suggest is subclass the workstation and look at its Activities (Definitions Tab -> Elements) and their associated processes (Definitions Tab -> Tab).

By exactly duplicating 2 more activities you should easily get the desired result as well as start to get a handle on how Simio uses activities and state logic within your model.

Its crucial to understand this in order to optimally code subsequent logic.

Hope this helps...

Kind Regards,
Mark
Mark

www.masterschedulingsolutions.com

esinanaygun

Post by esinanaygun » Tue May 07, 2013 2:41 am

Hi Again,

Thanks for the reply I will try to do it but I must ask something too... Do you have any suggestions so that I can use a worker in the main model also in the subclass model. Like I am building a model and I have a subclass or I have another model and I take thiss model to my main model and I have to use workers at some phases .Since it is a subclass/another model I can not use a worker from my main model in the subclassed/ another model. How can I do that? To make the things clear lets give another example, I want to build a factory. And I am subclassing/modelling my machine first so that I can put 20 of them. But for every machine I have 5 processes for a machine. And my operators are dealing with 2 machines at the same time. This means for an operator they have 10 processes to control. But they dont have to interfere with most of the jobs but 4 of them. So that They just need to go to the machines at the exact processes I want if I make the processing with different servers or workstations it wont work. That is why I want to know if I have a subclassed object why an not I use my worker from my main model.

MEagar

Post by MEagar » Tue May 07, 2013 3:46 am

Okay...dont get of track here...

you build one model...in the model you right click on a workstation and choose subclass (Left Pane)...

The subclassed object will appear in the navigation pane (Right Pane)...

By clicking on the subclassed workstation, you can change the internals by adding another activity i.e. extruding...

Now bottom left [Project Library] select your custom object and drag onto the window...

NOW...

You have created an object within the factory model...Each time you draw a instance of the object...the extra activities, states and all custom variables created in the subclass will automatically be associated with the object... (i.e. 20 machines with 5 activities)

Within the activities you may wanna use a seize block for resources...

Keep resources in your Main Model else you will have a single resource servicing a single machine and thus have 20 resources...

Hope this helps...
Mark

www.masterschedulingsolutions.com