About Process Times

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
esinanaygun

About Process Times

Post by esinanaygun » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:31 am

Hi,

I am creating a new model while I was creating my processes I realized that I need to give Process Times within the processes. I used an assign module but I couldn't assigned process time to an object... Is there anyway to give process times from processes window?

Thanks

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Re: About Process Times

Post by dsturrock » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:27 pm

I don't think I quite understand what you want to do.

If you want to use standard library objects like a Server, but specify the processing time to be used from some logic inside the process window, you can put any expression in the Server for ProcessingTime.

For example if you use the expression ModelEntity.MyProcTimeState it will use the value of a custom state (MyProcTimeState) that is stored on the entity and can be set at any time in between entity creation and when it is actully processed.

Likewise if you use the expression Server1NextProcTimeState it will use the value of a custom state (Server1NextProcTimeState) that is stored on the model and can be set at any time before processing.

Both of the above approaches assume that you are using an unmodified standard library object. Another approcah is to subclass a Server to make your own server (MyServer). Then in MyServer you might not even ask the user for a processing time, but instead just specify it in some custom process logic.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

jdoran

Re: About Process Times

Post by jdoran » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:00 pm

At the most basic level, in your add-on process that gets executed during "Processing", add a "Delay" step for the time required.

As Dave mentioned, you can use: a state, property or expression to dictate how long the delay is for.
James Doran
Resident Problem Synthesiser